WhatsApp has launched a new WhatsApp Business app for SMEs to communicate with their customers. This is designed for business owners to make it easier to communicate more efficiently with their customers and help them grow their businesses.
Users can now download the new app and set up their account. Compared to the standard app, the Business app will allow additional information on the profile page, such as business description, email or store address, and website, which will help customers reach them. The Business app will also have messaging tools that will let users send quick replies to provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages to introduce themselves to customers, and away messages when you are not available. Users will also be able to see simple message read statistics.
The account will be marked as a Business account so customers can identify them and WhatsApp will also verify some accounts over time so customers know they have reached the official number.
The WhatsApp Busines app comes with the following features:
- Business Profile: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website, location, or contact information.
- Business Messaging Tools: Be more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate that you’re away.
- Land-line/Fixed Number Support: You can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
- Run Both Whatsapp Messenger and Whatsapp Business: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
- Whatsapp Web: You can more efficiently respond to your customers right from your computer’s browser.
WhatsApp Business is built on top of WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features that you rely on, such as the ability to send multimedia, free calls, free international messaging, group chat, offline messages, and much more.
WhatsApp Business has released it in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S., with other regions getting it later.
The app is also available only on Android and you can download it from Playstore.